There are many great reasons to eat Primed Bone Marrow, but the one I like the most is because it tastes great. Bone Marrow can have a subtle, creamy nuttiness, sometimes a bit sweet and delicious with a pinch of sea salt or a Parsley Butter as shown below.
Other super reasons to eat Bone Marrow are because it is packed with vitamins and minerals and is a rich source of very healthy, rich fats. It also contains iron, phosphorus and vitamin A. Need more reasons to eat Bone Marrow? Well, it is also an amazing muscle-building, cognitive-boosting and joint-nourishing food.
350 grams Mayura bone marrow
3 grams Rock Salt
1 gram Pepper
20 grams Parsley Butter
Ingredients for Parsley Butter:
50 grams Curly parsley
180 grams butter
20 grams garlic
7 grams almond flour
10 grams mustard
4 grams salt
1 gram pepper
1. Clean/ trim the meat from the bone marrow
2. Season with rock salt and pepper
3. Place the bone marrow on a tray and put it inside the oven for 8 minutes at 350 ˚Fahrenheit (176˚Celsius) until the marrow can be pierced by a thermometer or reached its internal temperature of 145 ˚Fahrenheit (62.8 ˚Celsius)
4. The parsley cream sauce: In a sauce pan, warm 100 ml of cream and 50 grams of parsley butter season with salt until the cream is hot.
5. Ready to serve. Bon appetite!
This great Primed Dish of Roasted Bone Marrow with Parsley Garlic Butter Sauce is available at Brasserie CiCou in Greenhills.
Try my Chicken Liver Pate served with Baby Raddish as a starter first though as it is wonderfully nutritious and tasty as well.
The CiCou Chicken Liver Pate is full of great healthy fats and the very nutrient dense internal organs that are a vital component of a nutritious and balanced diet. The Pate is also available from the Brasserie CiCou stall at the Salcedo Market every Saturday morning.
Do you like Bone Marrow? Please let us know your favorite way to eat your Bone Marrow. Thanks.