I love a good pizza and even sold gourmet wood fired pizzas in my restaurant in Brisbane for 3 years. Traditional pizza is out as the grains/wheat flour are not part of my Primed Lifestyle. However, I created a delicious and healthy Primed Gourmet Pizza with Broccoli and Cauliflower Rice as the base.
The toppings are up to you of course but I used the traditional Salami, tomato and cheese for the recipe below.
Ingredients for Primed Pizza Crust:
3 cups of Broccoli & Cauliflower “Rice”
1 cup of Cream Cheese
Salt & Pepper
Method for Making Primed Crust:
1. Mix your 2 eggs, cream cheese, salt and pepper in a bowl. Lay your baking paper on your pizza tray.
2. Then add your Broccoli & Cauliflower Rice into the egg and cream cheese mixture. Mix well and spoon onto your baking paper on your pizza tray as seen below.
3. Once your mixture has been spooned onto your tray mould it into the shape you want and your desired thickness. It is more difficult to have very thin pizzas here as it needs to be a little thicker to get crisp and hold together.
4. Bake in your pre-heated oven of 350 degrees celsius for around 30 minutes. Check after 20 minutes to ensure it doesn’t get too browned.
5. Once cooked, pull out of the oven and allow to cool for a while. Then you can use the technique shown below to pull your pizza base away from your baking paper.
6. Set your base aside as you prepare your ingredients for the toppings of your Primed Gourmet Pizza.
Ingredients for your Primed Gourmet Pizza:
2 or 3 Pizza Crusts depending on the shape and size you desire
Cheddar Cheese Grated
Home-made Tomato Sauce with Onions & Garlic
Salami (quality selection of salami without too many ingredients like sugar, gluten or others you haven’t heard of)
Method in Assembling Primed Gourmet Pizza
1. Add the salami onto the base of your oven baked pizza crust and then your tomato sauce.
2. Now add your cheese and bake in your pre-heated oven of 350 degrees celsius for 15 minutes.
1. My super cool and maganda client wrote the following for me and is the inspiration for me to make this Primed Gourmet Pizza.
“Chad made a bigger version of the cauliflower pizza. Who would think this is made from cauliflower???? ❤❤❤ here is the recipe that my friend shared with me ❤ http://detoxinista.com/2012/01/the-secret-to-perfect-cauliflower-pizza-crust/ by the way lost more weight by JUST EATING RIGHT!!! Hahahaha! Love it!!
2. I also tried a second type of base by adding Home-Made Coconut Flour to my Broccoli & Cauliflower with Cream Cheese mixture/dough. It turned out nicely but my family preferred the pizza base without the coconut flour.
3. Other great Primed toppings for your Primed Gourmet Pizza could include avocado, semi-dried tomato, chicken thigh, spinach, olives, fresh tomato, squash and even goats cheese.
4. You could even put the base out only for your friends and family and they then add their own ingredients on top to suit their own personal preferences.