I used love rice. Especially white and fluffy, it goes well with so many dishes. I had been eating rice my whole life, especially as a boy when I lived in Singapore and Hong Kong, and even for thefirst 13 years whilst living and working in Manila.
However, with my new Primed Lifestyle, rice (and all grains), are out of my meal plan so I want to find more nutrient dense alternatives. Alternatives that do not spike my blood sugar too much and leave me more full and satisfied.
• 1 Cauliflower
• 1 Broccoli
• Sea salt
• Coconut Oil or bacon fat
• Coconut milk (optional)
- Grate both the cauliflower and broccoli (even the stems). It should resemble grains of rice (do not worry if you notice some longer pieces).
- Place grated cauliflower and broccoli onto a coconut or olive oil greased oven proof trayStir so as to lightly coat ingredients with oil and add 2 pinches of salt (stir again).
- Place into pre-heated oven (350 degrees) for 10 minutes.
- Remove and add a drizzle of coconut milk (optional). Stir. You do not want to add too much to make ingredients too wet but just so as to ensure it will not get too dry when it resumes cooking.
- Place back into oven (don’t forget your oven gloves!) for 10 minutes but stir once more after 5 minutes.
• Perfect accompaniment with other dishes for breakfast, lunch or dinner
• Perfect to add to other dishes such as Vegetable Lasagne
• Great as a “rice” substitute for curries, pork and chicken adobo etc.
• Very healthy alternative to real rice but is nutrient dense and very good for you
• A friend of ours actually thought it was “real” rice!
• Plain Cauliflower “Rice” where you do not have the broccoli.
• You can make your Cauliflower “Rice” Pilaf Style where you place chopped and “sweated” onions into a oven pot, stir in cauliflower “rice”, add salt and coconut milk and then place on lid after stirring. Place into oven for 20 minutes before removing.
• Bacon and Spinach Cauliflower “Rice” where (a) You stir in cooked and chopped bacon and fresh spinach into finished Cauliflower “Rice” dish; or (b) Place bacon and spinach into oven pot with sweated onions and then add cauliflower, place on lid then bake in oven.
• Bon appetite!
“Chad introduced me to the Cauliflower “Rice” which I have been enjoying for 2 months now. Wow! You will never know it’s a vegetable! It’s really just like rice! Being Filipino, no meal is the same without rice. I even love his Broccoli & Cauliflower “Rice” Combo for extra nutrition.
To date, after Chad’s continuous reminders of avoiding grains, sugar and dairy products, I have lost 12 lbs.” – Rene Orosa
The Final Word
Remember, you can then use your Cauliflower Rice to make Primed Gourmet Pizza. Delicious.