Primed Vegetarian Kinilaw Salad. A super healthy, delicious and versatile dish.
This dish is great as is. Or add Primed Guacamole (recipe to be posted on Friday), fresh avocado, quality fresh seafood or even canned sardines, salmon or tuna. Canned fish should never in heart attack and stroke inducing vegetable oil please. Just water or olive oil.
Cucumber – 2 or 3 cubed so as not too small
Capsicum – 2 or 3 (optional)
Ginger, garlic and onion – the more the merrier, minced (cut into small pieces)
Tomatoes – 3 or 4 using the outer flesh only (use the center for soup)
Olive Oil – anything from 4 to 8 tablespoons (I like it saucy)
Lemon juice – 4 squeezed lemons that you then freeze and grate in other dishes later on
Apple Cider Vinegar – 4 to 6 tablespoons
Himalayan salt and pepper
1. Wash and then cut your vegetables.
2. Put your onion, garlic and ginger in a large bowl. Then add your olive oil, apple cider vinegar and lemon juice. Stir. Then add your cucumber.
3. Then add your tomato and optional capsicum, chilis and maybe zucchini.
4. Then cover and place in the fridge. This dish can be eaten immediately or even up to 3 days later.
1. After preparing your Primed Vegetable Kinilaw Saladyou can add quality canned salmon, tuna in water (never veg/seed oil) or even sardines. You can also add fresh seafood as you wish.
2. I loved adding zucchini noodles with my dish.
3. Kinilaw also rocks with avocado.
4. Now you can make a big batch and store it in the fridge for your work lunch box or other meals.
3 thoughts on “Primed Vegetable Kinilaw Salad”