With more than 100 Primed recipes on the http://www.primedforyourlife.com blog this has been one of the most popular.
It is a highly nutritious, inexpensive and easy meal you can prepare in minutes. It is also a meal you can have whilst travelling seeing you simply assemble the ingredients without any cooking involved.
Please see the Primed youtube recipe below and a typed recipe below that.
A Primed Lifestyle is about eating optimally to maximize the nutrition for better mind and body performance.
It is also vitally important to ensure your food and beverage does not cause inflammation in your body and that you support and promote healthy gut bacteria.
Here is a power breakfast (suitable for lunch and dinner too) that is a perfect combination of energizing and satisfying saturated fat, protein and gut healthy probiotics. You can add roasted squash, spinach, avocado, cucumber and carrot batons if you wish to add healthy carbohydrates.
Kimchi from the same store (we always have lots of kimchi in our household)
Omelette or even simple fried eggs cooked in coconut oil (cut into strips)
Canned fish such as sardines, tuna in water or olive oil, mackerel, salmon (of course you can use fresh fish that you have cooked to your liking)
You can also add Cauliflower and Broccoli rice and even cucumber and/or carrot batons.
I love to add cucumber and added avocado for my lunch today.
1. Layout your nori sheet shiny side down on your sushi cutting board or mat if you have one.
2. Simply layer your ingredients as shown below. I started with my Omelette of cheese, tomato and malunggay. The a added kimchi on top of that. Lastly I added my mackerel fish.
Start with your least moist ingredient such as your omelette sliced into strips (or fried or boiled egg)
Next is your deliciously spicy and healthy kimchi (if you are not a big fan then start slowly and add to other foods until you acquire the taste for it)
Lastly I added my mackerel but had drained off the excess oil so as to not make my nori sheet soggy (the oil can be stored and used on a later occasion to cook with or even added to your lunch time salad)
3. Now roll the nori sheet portion closest to your body over the ingredients. Then bring the back furthest away from you over that. To make it stick down a little bit more easily I wiped a damp cloth along the back edge of the nori sheet that is furthest away from me.
4. I then rolled the mat up with the kimbap inside so it can be served easily and also cut into the portion sizes you want.
5. For my daughter’s lunch box I then add another nori sheet so it does not get too soggy.
6. You are then ready to serve with a nice Green Smoothie of water, coconut milk, coconut oil, malunggay, bananas and either more greens like pechay or berries for sweetness.
1. We also love to buy some 72% dark cacoa chocolate from our Korean grocer (we often go to Wang Mart in the area of Jupiter Street and Makati Avenue near Handle Bar.
2. Probiotics like kimchi, sauerkraut and other pickled vegetables such as Primed Danish Pickled Cucumber and Ginger are essential ingredients for a healthy gut microbiome. Once you start on your healthy Primed Lifestyle it is then important to fix your digestive and intestinal issues. You can then say goodbye to gut problems like irritable bowel syndrome, constipation and diarrhea. Yippie!
3. Eat the whole egg. Eggs are one of the most nutritious foods you can find and promote weight loss, are heart healthy and a great source of energy for your mind and body.
4. Here’s my Kimbap with avocado, kimchi, cream cheese and cucumber.