I personally love Korean food, and the people too. I have been several times with Enderun Colleges, went to the wedding of our friends Suzanne and Jason Koh and always seek out the best Korean shops where ever I live and visit on holiday. Having just moved to Pasig I am glad we have some cool Korean shops near us.
I met Russel at our local Korean shop late in 2015 and was delighted to learn he lost almost 6 pounds in 3 months when I saw him again in early 2016. Russel told me he followed the friendly Primed advise I gave to him and his colleagues that evening in 2015 as I bought some kimchi and soju. Russel said he also has a lot more energy and is less hungry having gone Primed. Cool.
In Honor of My Korean Friends Worldwide Here’s Primed Korean Quiche
Shout out to OnYoo, Butler (Kyle Shin), Jason Koh, Bori Kang, Tinsa (technically Vietnamese), Mandy Park, Anna Lee, Soojin, Boram Kim, Grace Lee, Glenn Kim, Winnie Kang, Caleb Han, Jinny Choi, Samuel Ham, Jane Moon and all my other friends.
Nori sheets cut into strips
Malagos Kesong Puti from Davao
Ito-wakame dried seaweed (from your local Korean grocer – can use other seaweeds or even extra nori)
Himalayan salt, pepper and a lot of turmeric (great for you)
Kimchi (the favorite of my great mate Bill Brummitt)
Sardines in olive oil (bought from Legaspi market)
- Simply mix your eggs with your salt, pepper and turmeric. You can even add extra chili.
- Then add in your ito-wakame dried seaweed to the mixture. Then add your kimchi and sardines too. I like it spicy so I added extra kimchi.
- Coat your nori sheets with the olive oil and layer in your muffin tray. I made 2 layers but will add an extra layer for my next batch.
4. Add some squared kesong puti (or even Goat’s cheese) onto your olive oiled nori.
5. Then some kimchi on top of that as shown below.
6. Now, simply spoon your egg, salt, pepper, turmeric, kimchi and sardine mixture into each muffin tray separately.
7. Place tray into a pre-heated oven of 150 degrees celsius for roughly 30 minutes. Check intermittently and remove from oven when mixture starts to firm up.
- Tastes superb as a breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Excellent eaten hot or cold.
- Will taste great before we go on our trail walk in nature with Primed Udo, Martha, Kenny, Calvin and Laura tomorrow morning.
4 thoughts on “Primed Korean Quiche with Kimchi and Duo of Seaweed”