Guest recipe post by Stella Grace Wagner Pamenter. Thanks a lot Stella for being a wonderful supporter of Primed for your Life.
Here’s my Primed Beef and Chicken Meatloaf recipe.
Of course Stella’s Meatloaf has to be a winner because it has bacon.
And another one for bacon!
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, peeled and diced
1/2 pound mushrooms, trimmed and finely chopped
3 large cloves of garlic, peeled and minced fine
1 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 teaspoons oregano, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons thyme, minced
1 1/1 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pound ground beef
1 pound ground pork
1 pound ground chicken
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 pound bacon
1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil and saute the onion until translucent. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook until they begin to color, about 3 minutes.
2. Stir in the cream, spices, salt, and pepper,and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are cooked, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
4. Combine beef, pork, and veal, add egg. Stir until ingredients are completely combined (using hands is sometimes easiest). Set aside.
5. In a 9x5x3-inch pan, line the bottom and sides of the pan with bacon slices, making sure the edges overlap slightly and hang over the edges. Add meat mixture, patting smooth and evenly.
6. Fold the ends of the bacon up and over the meat mixture, enclosing it completely. Cover with foil and place in a roasting pan.
7. Prepare a water bath by putting roasting pan in the warmed oven and adding boiling water until the water comes halfway up the side of the loaf pan. Cover the roasting pan with aluminum foil. Slide shelf into the oven and bake 1 hour. Remove the foil and continue to bake until meat hits 160 on a meat thermometer, an additional 30 or so minutes. Drain if needed.
8. When done, remove meatloaf and allow it to rest in the pan for 10 minutes.
9. Cut the loaf crosswise into 8 slices. Serve drizzled with gravy made from pan juices, if desired.
Great job Stella. Way to go for a great meal for you and your handsome son.
Thanks again Stella. I love all your support and positivity towards myself and Primed for your Life.
For the Children:
I am so passionate about my job & I started Primed for your Life for our children.
Our children deserve the best opportunity in life to be strong, smart, healthy and happy. Every bite they take matters in this regard. Non foods like low-fat products, GMO grains, sugar, veg oil and highly processed foods hinder the ones we love. We do not have to be perfect but being more conscious and mindful is a great start. It can be as simple as more eggs and vegetables.
The most effective measure to improve children’s health parents need to maintain a cocnstant blood glucose level within a healthy range by restricting cheap, processed carbs to children.