My darlings loved their The Wholesome Table Meatloaf so much. It was so big that they even had the left-overs the following day for lunch. I successfully made my own Primed Meatloaf that they enjoyed for dinner and in their lunch box. See this article for some other Primed lunch box ideas.
500 grams chicken mince
500 grams beef mince
2 knobs of garlic (around 20 cloves)
2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons of chili flakes
1 & 1/2 cups of coconut flour
250 grams of feta cheese
100 grams of smashed pistachios (optional/can also use other nuts like cashews)
salt and pepper
Additional: can add oregano leaves, malunggay leaves or other greens for additional vitamins and minerals
Remember, it is so easy to make your own coconut flour and is far superior to using harmful products like breadcrumbs.
1. Saute your onions and garlic in your coconut oil till soft and then set aside.
Stir in your cinnamon, chili, salt and pepper.
2. Whisk your 3 eggs in a bowl then add in your chicken mince, beef mince, feta cheese, crushed pistachios, onion, garlic and spice mix and coconut flour. Add all your mixed ingredients into a large oven safe dish that you have greased with olive oil, coconut oil, butter or bacon fat.
3. Add foil over your dish and place into a preheated oven of 200 degrees celsius for 40 minutes. Check at 30 minutes though just to check so as not to have a dry Primed Meatloaf.
4. Take out of the oven and slice for a great breakfast, lunch or dinner. It is a great item to store in your fridge to be enjoyed in the following days. It tastes great hot or cold.
1. Tastes great with feta cheese.
2. So easy to add to your lunch box for you or your darlings.
My children love meatloaf in their lunch box.
3. Their favorite meatloaf is still the one from The Wholesome table.
4. Here’s why it is so important to eat real food with real flavor.
One thought on “Delicious and Nutritious Primed Beef & Chicken Meatloaf”