There is no better way to recover from a tough Malaysian Ironman event then to replenish your body with great recovery fuel. My fuel of choice was a hearty and healthy salad full of protein, good fats, minerals, vitamins and probiotics for improved gut health.
Please see this quick and easy Salted Duck Egg Salad recipe that takes less than 5 minutes to assemble.
2 Salted Duck Eggs from Golden Duck of Gawad Kalinga Enchanted Farm
1 tablespoon of Cream Cheese Herbs from Gawad Kalinga Enchanted Farm, Bulacan
8 Cherry Tomatoes
Bowl of Spinach Leaves
8 Pieces Pickled Cucumber
6 Pieces Pickled Ginger
Salt to taste but not necessary
Drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Simply lay out your spinach leaves in a bowl
2. Add pickled ginger and pickled cucumber
3. Add whole cherry tomatoes
4. Add Salted Duck Eggs that you halved
5. Add Cream Cheese but just a half a teaspoon per dollop around your salad bowl
6. Add salt and pepper to taste
7. Add Extra Virgin Olive Oil to taste
1. I didn’t add extra virgin olive oil because I drank 1 whole bottle as part of my nutrition plan combined with honey and no-sugar fruit juice in my Home-made gel for the Malaysian Ironman in Langkawi.
2. The Cream Cheese Herbs is delicious and was sourced in the Philippines and made by Filipinos. Cool.
3. The GoldenducK Eggs have no chemical coloring and are made with natural turmeric. The taste is amazing and makes the Salted Duck Eggs ideal for a salad, accompanied with your Primed Tuna and Vegetable Patties or even as part of a Cauliflower and Broccoli Fried “Rice” tossed with Bacon pieces and Malunggay.
4. Turmeric is part of the ginger family and has many health benefits such: blocking cancer; being an anti-oxidant; and being anti-inflammatory.
5. Another delicious addition to this salad would be bacon. Just a couple of strips rough chopped and tossed in would add some crunch and added healthy saturated fats and protein.
About the GoldenducK:
GoldenducK is a social enterprise incubated at the GK Enchanted Farm. They produce 100% Premium Duck Products from the Philippines.
General Information on The GoldenducK:
100 Ducks Incorporated (also known as Goldenduck) is a social enterprise that was incubated and created in April 2011 in the Gawad Kalinga Enchanted Farm, Bulacan. The Farm is a pilot site and breeding ground of pragmatic social enterprise formed with the values of using the best of the Philippines’ resources to provide sustainable solutions for the least fortunate.
Phone 0917 723 4821
Primed for your Life is delighted to buy and support Gawad Kalinga Enchanted Farm products as part of our mission to support quality Filipino enterprises.