A great Primed Mayonnaise is a perfect sauce to always have in your fridge. Another great sauce to always have is the favorite of Pope Francis, Bagna Caude. See here for some other Primed items to always stock in your fridge and pantry.
Here’s a great Primed Mayonnaise recipe to show you how easy it is.
2 egg yolks
1 cup of olive oil
1 teaspoon of Dijon or yellow mustard (ensure no added sugars etc. by checking your labels before you buy)
4 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice (or calamansi juice)
1 pinch of salt
1. Place your 2 egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and mustard into a bowl and whisk vigorously.
2. Whilst whisking start poring in your olive oil slowly. You want to whisk until an emulsion forms.
3. Keep whisking until all your olive oil has been whisked in and the mayonnaise is quite thick as you can see below. Place into a nice container that will enable you to store your delicious Primed Mayonnaise in the fridge.
1. A delicious way to enjoy your Primed Home-made Mayonnaise is with Boiled Eggs, Roasted Squash & Roasted Garlic.
2. It is also delicious over a Bed of Spinach Leaves and Smoked Salmon.
3. Watch That Sugar Film and you’ll never buy the commercial sugar laden Mayonnaise again.