I love eggs, anchovies, sardines, kimchi, sea vegetables and green vegetables so I simply decided to combine all these ingredients for an easy to make dish suitable for breakfast, lunch, dinner and also makes for a healthy, satisfying snack.
Ingredients for both sets of Muffins:
jar of good Korean kimchi
sardines in olive oil
anchovies in olive oil
Korean kelp (type of seaweed – can use nori sheets)
mixed green vegetables
salt and pepper
Method for Mixed Vegetable with Kelp Muffins:
1. Line your muffin trays with butter, coconut oil or bacon fat.
2. Whisk your eggs in 2 separate bowls (10 each)and add salt, pepper and turmeric to each.
3. Cut up your roasted onion, sardines, anchovies and kimchi into bite size pieces. Set aside your green vegetables.
4. Simply add some sardines to the base of your greased muffin tray. Add your roasted onion and garlic evenly in the muffin cups as well. Cut your seaweed (kelp or nori sheets) into small pieces/strips and add into muffin cups. Re-whisk your eggs once more with your anchovy pieces then pour evenly into muffin cups. Do not overfill them as they will rise when baking.
5. Place into pre-heated oven (around 300 degrees celsius) and allow to cook until no longer soft and runny in the middle. Maybe around 15 minutes only.
Method for Kimchi Muffins:
1. Place your sardines into each muffin cup in the base of your greased muffin tray. Add your cut upkimchi evenly too.
2. Pour in the egg, salt, pepper and turmeric mixture over the top of your sardine and kimchi. Again, do not overfill the muffin cups.
3. Place into pre-heated oven (around 300 degrees celsius) and allow to cook until no longer soft and runny in the middle. Maybe around 15 minutes only.
4. These muffins taste great as a cold snack or fresh straight out of the oven.
What Mark Sisson Says:
Mark Sisson is a super fit, happy and cool guy. He is also the founder of The Primal Blueprint which helped change my life for the better. Indeed, the Primed Lifestyle was born after listening to, and adopting, the principles Mark Sisson lives.
See below my delicious brunch loaded with nutritious ingredients Mark Sisson says we should eat more of like sardines, anchovies, fermented veg (kimchi), olive oil & sea veg (kelp/nori). I added cream cheese and anchovies on top of each Primed Muffin for extra flavor and nutrients. You can read here the top 10 foods Mark says we should eat more of.
When you eat it would not hurt to ask yourself the following question: Am I building my immune system to better fight disease or is my food laying out the welcome mat?
1. Kimchi rocks. It is a great probiotic that is wonderful for your gut health.
2. There are lots of health benefits associated with turmeric.
3. Pepper and turmeric are a winning combination.