Yes, it is possible to get fit and stay healthy during your working hours with the right knowledge, attitude and equipment.
To find out more about LifeSpan WorkPlace Solutions please contact Alfred at email@example.com, or friend him on his facebook page or text him on 0998-985-3013.
Sitting Too Long Is Not Natural or Healthy
To beat the sitting too much conundrum you can employ many tactics like:
(1) Top your water bottle up every hour whether empty or not;
(2) Go to the toilet more (this will happen once you start drinking more water);
(3) Stand to answer the phone or make a call:
(4) Use a stand up desk for portions of the day. See below the many examples of where you can have a make shift desk that can go under your computer when you want to stand or be removed when you want to sit; and
(5) Set the alarm on your phone for every hour to remind you to stand and move your butt.
See here for some more ideas to “Be fit, not fat at work”.
Greasing the Groove
A lot of people exercise too much. This eats into their family time, time for self and time for work. It can be counter productive and there is a way to maintain your fitness even whilst on the job.
It is called greasing the groove where you are simply a lot more active during the day therefore eliminating the need for excessive cardio activities after work. I have heard it said that by simply using a stand up desk you are doing the equivalent of 6 marathons a year. That’s cool.
Imagine then the enormous benefits of using a treadmill desk or biking desk as shown in the pictures?
My beautiful daughter really enjoyed doing her work on the bike. She said it actually was fun and helped stimulate and invigorate her. Indeed, research shows that by simply moving more during the learning process you retain more information.
Continue reading Is Sitting Too Much the New Smoking? Probably. LifeSpan Workplace Has the Solution