- 1 Pinakbet Mix of pre-cut squash, eggplant, okra, bitter gourd, string beans, winged beans, tomatoes). (I personally minimize/avoid beans because they are hard to digest. – Chad).
- 1 onion
- 1 tomatoes
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 8 pcs Anchovies
- 1/4 squash cut into cubes
- Primed Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- Turmeric powder
- Sautee garlic and onion in Primed VCO
- Add the Anchovies, stir to mix it with the onion and garlic
- Add the tomatoes, stir until tomatoes are cooked enough
- Add the Pinakbet Mix mentioned above
- Stir and cook for 3 minutes
- Add the Squash, stir and cook for 5 mins or until the squash is soft enough
- Add a dash (the more the merrier actually) of Turmeric powder, salt and pepper to taste
- Cook for 3 more minutes and then add the Malunggay
- Stir, turn off the stove and cover for a few minutes before serving
(1) The perfect way to enjoy this dish is with 2 or 3 boiled eggs. Sarap.
(2) Where is the rice? We need carbs right?
Well, rice is not as bad as toxic grains but it still spikes your blood sugar and insulin as much as pure, evil table sugar. See here for 9 reasons I will never touch TOXIC, evil, man-made MONSTROCITY, sugar spiking, leaky gut and brain inducing grains again.
Why not follow Pinoyrunner’s recipe and have more quality carbohydrates and skip the cheapo carbos?
If you eat more sugar (white rice, bread, pasta, noodles) you are filling up on less nutritious food that actually makes you HANGRY. Your body thinks you are in starvation mode because the sugar gets shunted out off your blood stream and is stored as fat on your body.
With less calories in your blood stream your brains thinks you are starving (you are) and FORCES you to eat more by making you hungry.
Eat real food with real flavor and you will be more satisfied, less hungry and HAPPIER.