I know Filipino’s LOVE their own cuisine. I also love Filipino dishes such as Primed Kinilaw with Extra Vegetables, but find some do not incorporate enough nutritious vegetables and are overly reliant on rice as a base.
I will try to create delicious and healthy Primed Filipino dishes by substituting non-Primed ingredients with Primed ones, as well as adding non-traditional ingredients to make them a better fuel source for your mind and body. Adobo is one of my favorite dishes so I’ll start with a Chicken, Pork and Wilted Greens Adobo.
(1) 500 grams pork (if you don’t eat pork just add extra chicken or vegetables like squash)
(2) 500 grams chicken thigh and breast combination (boneless)
(3) wilted kale (see our wilted kale omelette recipe for method but other greens like spinach, kangkong and malunggay are also excellent to add)
(4) 3 onions sliced
(5) 4 cloves of sliced garlic
(6) chopped ginger (same quantity as the chopped garlic)
(7) salt and pepper
(8) 1/2 cup coconut amino sauce – see below to source product (120 ml)
(9) 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (60 ml). We now make our own and will share soon.
(1) Put your heavy duty pot onto a low heat
(2) Add coconut oil and allow to heat up
(3) Put your onion, garlic and ginger on the bottom of the pot and stir
(4) Lay your chicken and pork over onion, garlic and ginger
(5) Season with pepper and salt
(6) Pour the coconut amino sauce and apple cider vinegar on top of these ingredients
(7) Allow to cook on very low heat for an hour or so ensuring you check tenderness of the chicken and pork
(8) Once your meats are cooked (don’t allow them to be overcooked and tough) throw in your greens
(9) The amount of wilted kale depends on your taste but the more the merrier
(10) Serve over fresh spinach leaves or Brocolli and Cauliflower Rice
(1) As much as possible we make our own coconut flour and milk but we buy our excellent soy sauce substitute, coconut amino sauce from http://www.cocowonder.com.ph. Also available at Legaspi Sunday Market and Landmark.
(2) To make this great dish even more Primed for your Life you could add grated squash and/or carrots into the pot before adding chicken and pork. If not grated you could add diced the squash and/or carrots.
Please let us know what you think by leaving a comment. What is your favorite Filipino dish?