Who doesn’t love a deliciously smooth, cold and refreshing ice cream? Especially in the heat of the Philippines a good ice cream is fantastically refreshing. However, when it is full of sugar and other processed ingredients then it is less than ideal for your long-term health and waist line.
What if you could enjoy a delicious and nutritious Primed “Dirty” Ice Cream that doesn’t take your blood glucose on a roller coaster ride and tastes great? Well, here’s a great Primed Ice Cream recipe for you to enjoy.
2 cups of coconut milk
2 tablespoons of honey
2 bananas (mashed)
1 cup of walnuts (crushed/pounded flat)
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
3 tablespoons of cacao powder
1/2 cup of dates (chopped)
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
Simply mash your banana, add in your honey, crushed walnuts, cinnamon, sea salt, cacao powder, chopped dates and coconut milk. You can blend them but I prefer the manual way with a whisk.
2. Simply place ice cream in the freezer and allow to freeze. I re-whisked my ice cream before fully frozen. Then cover with plastic wrap and serve when you are ready.
3. When serving it might be a little harder than your traditionally “smooth” sugary ice cream so just allow a minute or so for it to become softer.
1. It has been scientifically proven that Cacao makes you smile. See exhibit 1 below:
2. Raw Cacao is not good for you. It’s great!
3. Coconut Milk rocks too.
4. Remember that for your coconut milk and flour you can do it yourself easily and cheaply.
Please see linked article on how easily you can make your own. Cheers.
Another Walnut Ice Cream recipe here:
5 thoughts on “Primed “Dirty” Fruit and Nut Chocolate Ice Cream”
Chad, hi! What is raw cacao? Thanks, Chet
Sent from my iPad
Hi Chet. Yes it is. Called “Pure Cacoa Powder” on the packet. Hope you are doing great. Cheers.
Love the flavours…one to try out! 😊
Hi Frances, What made this so good was that my wife liked it! 🙂 It is definitely tasty. Cheers.
Hi Chad…what is dates ? Or can you pls give the tagalog term for that ? Yummy! Thanks 😊