How To Avoid the Temptation of Bad “Food” Like Substances
Adam had a hard time saying no to Eve’s apple. Imagine if she offered a doughnut? The battle would be declared no contest as the sight, smell and allure of a doughnut can be too great to resist.
Once you know that a doughnut is not food, know the DISGUSTING ingredients that comprise this food like substance and fully appreciate that with each greasy bite you are harming your body and your brain and that your life expectancy is reduced you will say no to eating the doughnut.
Or just keep eating it and perhaps join the other obese, diabetic, hypertensive and ill people that are growing in epidemic numbers.
Is it still worth it?
Why do you still eat it even though you know the vegetable oils could give you a heart attack, the chemicals and other harmful ingredients hurt you and that it will make you fat, sick and ultimately not happy?
(1) Of your sugar addiction (if you can kick the sugar it is easier to give up your other addictions);
(2) It is right there in front of you calling out “Eat me, eat me”;
(3) Someone bought it for you (are they doing you a favor?);
(4) You actually are ignorant of the harmful affects it does to you; and/or
(5) You actually don’t care how you look, feel and simply live for the moment regardless of the negative consequences.
Here are some tactics to fight the evil doughnut monster (and other bad processed “foods”):
(1) Write down how bad it makes you feel. Write out the note and keep it in your pocket and read it daily;
(3) Print out some health facts on why doughnuts are killer and carry that around with you;
Check out some of the ingredients. To think we call this a treat and feed it to our children!
(4) Write out your work, life, fitness etc. goals and ensure they are somewhere prominent;
(5) Keep a record of all your food, beverages and exercise as a constant reminder to yourself to not slip up. This is important and a great habit for you to do that will aid you to successfully reach your written goals;
(6) Don’t be too hard on yourself if you slip up but add to your note about how bad and sick it made you feel (include the sugar addiction element with the sugar high followed by the sugar crash);
(7) Celebrate your success and buy yourself a new top when you reach a milestone. You probably saved more than the expense by not buying that food like substance any way and will definitely save on doctors bills, pharmacy expenses for drugs and hospital visits too. By hardly drinking any alcohol for the last 8 months I have saved myself thousands of pesos and will reward myself by buying some Aussie hip hop music on itunes: Like from Joelistics.
(8) Never call these products treats. They most definitely are not. Products like doughnuts should not even be given to your enemies! Recognize your temptations for what they are. Bad food like substances that HURT YOU.
(9) Also, when it is there in front of you because someone bought them as a “treat” tell any one who will listen that you will not eat it because it makes you feel bad. Declare it loudly and proudly so you look like a fool if you then indulge. Help your friends too and ask them for their support. If they do not then are they really worth having in your life?
Ask for real food like fruit and nuts instead of this carbage that reduces productivity and causes illness.
(10) Bring out your specially prepared snack of a banana, boiled egg, 72% dark chocolate (no gluten ingredients), nuts or Primed Dark Chocolate Brownie and eat that instead.
Please avoid other highly processed frankenfoods that spike your blood sugar, cause leaky gut, brain permeability and a lot of other detrimental consequences for your health.
The final word: