Populations That Eat a LOT of Coconut Are Among The Healthiest People on The Planet
The best example of such a population is the Tokelauans, which live in the South Pacific. They eat over 60% of their calories from coconuts and are the biggest consumers of saturated fat in the world. These people are in excellent health, with no evidence of heart disease.
I recently learned about Delia (pictured below and looking excellent for 56 years young) who’s grandparents Filamina and Juan Costovo who lived to 100 plus each in the city of Tacloban on the island of Leyte, Eastern Visayas in the Philippines.
Filamina and Juan ate a lot of coconut products like Coconut Milk, lots of fresh vegetables (especially malunggay), eggs and seafood. Most of these items are high in quality saturated fats. Here is one of their favorite dishes of Banana Heart cooked with Home-made Coconut Milk.
1 Banana heart (called puso ngsagin in the Philippines)
1 Piece Garlic
1 Cup of Coconut Milk
1. Chop your onion and garlic and then your Banana heart. Watch this youtube video that shows you how to trim and prepare your banana heart.
2. Put your small pot on a heat of 5 and add coconut oil
3. Add and sweat your garlic and onion
4. After your onion and garlic becomes translucent add your Banana heart
5. Add your cup of water and cook for 15 minutes
6. After 15 minutes add your coconut milk. You can use a store bought one or make it yourself.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste
Here’s to long life and enjoying more time for life.