Your New Year’s Eve resolution is made but can you stick to it? Yes is the short answer so as to ensure an improved you in the new year.
You will be healthier and happier this year. You will get younger and slimmer and fitter.
Follow these key ingredients to ensure your 2015 is the best ever and that the rest of your life the best of your life.
(1) Write out your work, life, fitness etc. goals and ensure they are somewhere prominent;
I personally want to: (a) Run a sub 3:30 Condura marathon; (b) Finish Melbourne Ironman in a new personal best of sub 11:40; (c) Maintain my no alcohol lifestyle; (d) Make http://www.primedforyourlife.com the best blog it can be to continue to help people all over the world; and (e) Spend more quality time loving and enjoying my beautiful family.
What are your goals? You have a better chance of success if you write them down and let people know.
(2) Keep a record of all your food, beverages and exercise as a constant reminder to yourself to not slip up. This is important and a great habit for you to do that will aid you to successfully reach your written goals. If you then have a friend or coach to be accountable to then that is a great bonus.
I keep a track of all my swim, bike and running exercise as well as my eccentric gym sessions. This is then a motivating tool for me to maintain training so as to get faster and stronger.
I also record all my food and drinks daily. An example of my Food Log:
Friday 2nd January 2015: 63.6 kilos at 6am. Water with lemon first thing in the morning. No Breakfast till 2 hours into my Nuvali bike then Bananas and nut mix. Hydration was water only. Biked 85km. Lunch of 1/2 Omelette with Malunggay, Chili and Cheese and 1 Banana Pancake. Snack of Bone Broth Soup; Kefir Pro-biotic Drink; Small Green Smoothie; and Small 72% Cacoa with Raisins. Dinner of Bone Broth again; Sardines with Squash and Spinach and Dessert of Frozen Berries. Drink of Iced Coffee made with Coconut Milk and Coconut Sugar.
(3) Get an old (or current) fat pic of you when you were not as fit and healthy and also carry that around with you. This then serves as a motivation to eat Primed and get healthier (coincidentally slimmer too).
(4) Don’t be too hard on yourself if you slip up but add to your notes/log about how bad and sick it made you feel (include the sugar addiction element with the sugar high followed by the sugar crash). This ill feeling can manifest in headaches, joint pain, foggy mind, lack of energy, lack of quality sleep, bad skin and irregular bowel movements to name a few symptoms. Hopefully this then motivates you to avoid the bad junk “foods” that made you feel bad.
(5) Celebrate your success and buy yourself a new top when you reach a milestone(or dinner celebration etc.). You probably saved more than the expense by not buying that food like substance any way and will definitely save on doctors bills, pharmacy expenses for drugs and hospital visits too. By not drinking alcohol for the last 2 months I have saved myself thousands of pesos and will reward myself by buying some Aussie hip hop music on itunes.
(6) Ensure you have your specially prepared snacks of a bananas, boiled eggs, 72% dark chocolate (no gluten ingredients), nuts or Primed Dark Chocolate Brownie etc. and eat these instead of the bad processed food temptations that will have negative health consequences for you. Avoid fast foods, vegetable oils, grains and sugars as much as possible and you will surely be healthier and happier this year.
The final word:
Images with thanks to: https://www.facebook.com/TheRawfoodfamily; https://www.facebook.com/PaleoHacks and https://www.facebook.com/overfedandundernourishedmovie.
If you or your company need assistance in reaching your 2015 Wellness Goals then please feel free to contact me here or at 0929-421-2148.