13. Be Grateful for your Food and Friends
When you eat your nutritious food be thankful for all the people who helped it get onto your plate. Aid your digestion by taking your time and putting down your fork between mouthfuls as digestion begins in your mouth when your food comes into contact with your saliva.
“Appreciation can make a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary.” Margaret Cousins,
Think of all your friends, colleagues and loved ones who have helped you to this point in your life. Send them a text message, call them, send an email or visit them and let them know how you feel. Sincerely express your gratitude for having them in your life. You will make them feel great and will also feel great too.
“The deepest craving of human nature is the need to be appreciated.” William James
Top 10 Ways to Bring More Gratitude into Your Life
1. Consider what you’re truly grateful for
2. Imagine you didn’t have what you’re grateful for
3. Think about a time when someone expressed sincere thanks to you and how you felt
4. Make a specific plan to express gratitude to specific people
5. Express gratitude authentically, routinely
6. Even when being critical, first express gratitude
7. Reflect on how you feel when you show gratitude
8. Notice others who are good at showing gratitude
9. Think about how much gratitude costs you and how valuable it is
10.Take stock regularly on how you’re doing regarding showing gratitude
List with thanks to Karel Vrendenburg’s Life Habits Mentoring facebook page and podcasts.