20 Myths / lies that could make us unhealthy
Here is some of the conventional advise we have been told to do or thought was the right way for more energy. I tried many of these with bad results. Try doing opposite and see how you feel.
I bet the healthy role models you know did not follow this “conventional wisdom”. Do the opposite to the conventional and you will see your health improve.
- Eat more carbohydrates like bread, pasta, noodles and breakfast cereal – I used to eat these when I was over weight and lazy. These foods are low energy with low nutrient density. Might be suitable for people in countries where they are not poisoned with the chemical Round Up (glyphosate is poison in our bodies) and where they are getting a lot of energy from the sun. Grains do not grow in Norway for a reason.
- Eat less fat because fat makes you fat – No way. Fat is simply more energy input in your bodies electron chain transport system. Quality fat is energy rich and great for you.
- Exercise more – This is bad advise if you have low energy in your body. Would you drive your car a long way if your car engine was not operating properly. Exercise is great once you are energized, in a good environment and at the right time. Context is key.
- Eat constantly with many small meals throughout the day – No way. Not only is that time consuming it is not good for our digestive system. Ideally eat 2 nutrient and energy dense meals in day light hours then let your digestive sytem have a break. It takes energy to digest food so best to limit this and definitely not late at night when recovery and repair should be prioritized whilst you sleep.
- Count your calories – So glad I never wasted my time doing this one. Does a calorie of junk food equal a calorie of seafood? No it does not. One helps your brain and body and the other hinders it. Aim for optimal energy inputs with great nutrition.
- Soy is a healthy – Soy is 90% GMO. Is estrogenic and best avoided unless men want manboobs and women are ok with infertility.
- Vegetable oil is good for you – Please see 20 reasons to avoid TOXIC vegetable oil.
- Sugar drinks like energy drinks, Sugarades etc. are a good source of energy – They are a source of sugar and inflammation only. Best avoided 100%. Fall in love with water.
- Whole grains / grains are healthy – Please see 20 reasons to avoid all grains. the exception might be countries where they do not spray the poison glyphosate on their grains.
- I got this condition due to my genetics – Nope, approximately 85% of our conditions are due to lifestyle, environment, food and drinks. Hence, this is how we reverse them. Your genetics load the gun but lifestyle etc. pull the trigger. There is something YOU can do to improve YOUR health and that of your family.
- The sun is harmful – When did the sun become bad for us? Why does grass still grow in the sun? Is the sun bad or has our ability to withstand the sun reduced? Did our ancestors hide from the sun while they lived long and well? Did your friend get sickly whilst avoiding the sun? Please see 20 reasons the sun is our number 1 source of energy.
- Avoid the midday sun – Hello. This is ludicrous. It depends on where you are and how powerful that midday sun is. It depends on your context of the color of your skin and your ability to be in the sun. A black person needs more sun than a white person. A healthy white person with a nice tan needs more sun than an unhealthy white person. An unhealthy white person needs more energy from the sun but in a sensible way that builds his ability to withstand the sun.
- Sunscreen is good for you – Sunscreen is a chemical on your skin that then goes into your blood stream. Not good for you. Especially when this chemical concoction blokes the beneficial effects of the sun. See 20 reasons the sun is our number 1 source of energy.
- Beware of cholesterol and limit your eggs – My record for eggs is 46 for breakfast. My cholesterol numbers are elite. My skin and energy too.
- A microwave is safe to use – A microwave radiates your food. It dehydrates your food as it heats it. It does the same to you if you stand close by. Your body is 70% water. your blood is 93% water.
- It is good to upgrade your cell phone, to use it a lot and ok for children – Do you think the cell phone radiation stops at the phone itself or maybe it penetrates into YOU? Does wi-fri radiation go around your body or maybe penetrate in to YOU? it penetrates deeper and faster into growing and developing brains and bodies of our children. Steve Jobs died at the young age of 56 from pancreatic liver cancer. He did not allow his children to have his devices. All his cash could not save him from his lifestyle, environment, food and drink decisions. Might he still be alive if he was a farmer in the Philippines?
- Take your medicine and believe all the doc tells you – Do the modern day medicines address the root cause of people’s ill health / lack of energy? Or are they simply band-aids that get doctors, hospitals, drug companies etc. very rich? If the cause of lethargy is YOUR food, drinks, lifestyle and environment then surely therein lies the opportunity to fix the root cause. Cut of body parts, taking drugs does not address the root cause. Medicines definitely have their time and place but I believe we are over-prescribed and over-diagnosed.
- Abs are made in the kitchen – Not true. You will now know that food is made from photosynthesis which predominately uses sunlight, water and the ground (among other things) to make food. Food is important but not that important. Especially if eaten at the wrong time. Your environment and current state of health should determine what foods are best for you.
- Health is 80% food and 20% exercise – No way. Very untrue. Exercise a lot in the fake light of a gym and your bones become weaker. The sun helps your bones and teeth become stronger. Provided you sleep well. In my opinion food is around 20% and exercise is cool provided you do it mainly outside so as to get the benefits of the sun and nature. Your environment and lifestyle are more important.
- Supplements are what I need for health – Buying supplements are good for the people selling them. Why not invest in a beach holiday instead. Drink better quality water. get more sunshine that is free and effective compared to a pill of vitamin D. Do you really think a tablet can beat the real thing? Sometimes a supplement can be a bridge to better health but is not something to be relied upon. I personally use magnesium spray occasionally but perfer epsom salt baths instead. I get my vitamin D direct from the source. No expense required.
I have personally made every mistake in the book. I have over-trained whilst doing my Ironman event training. I have eaten all the wrong food and made myself more unhealthy my working out in the gym late at night.
Food for thought?: Bob Harper, the coach on Biggest Loser is a proponent of hard gym training, counting calories, eating carbohdrates and the more is best style of attitude. He also had a massive heart attack at the age of 40?
Did you know?:
Fake food made under fake light in a factory is not good for you despite the millions of dollars big companies spend on marketing. Fake TOXIC vegetable oil is not made from vegetables and is not good. Most soy is GMO and not good. Sugar is not good as even a 3 year old knows. Highly processed grains are just like sugar but with the poison glyphosate inside. Also, low fat is not good because they took out the energy dense fat and added chemicals and sugar.
See the light:
Did you know?: Our overall quality and length of life is diminshing. We are dieing younger and are more sick, tired and diseased than ever. We have followed “conventional” wisdom but it appears not to be going so well for us. Maybe it is time to throw conventional out the window and become better observers of the people who are thriving with a vibrant and dynamic quality of life.
Have an open mind and challenge all the “conventional” information spoon fed to us. Notice that so many are unhealthy following this but some are becoming stronger, smarter and look “younger”. Follow the example of the energized and vibrant. Learn from what the others are doing but follow your own path to optimal health. It is your journey and unique to you.