21. Play Time
Playing is a great way to overcome stress. When you really let your hair down and live in the moment all your worries melt away. We played and laughed a lot as children so why not as often now? Rediscover your inner-child and play.
“Have regular hours for work and play; make each day both useful and pleasant, and prove that you understand the worth of time by employing it well. Then youth will be delightful, old age will bring few regrets, and life will become a beautiful success.” – Louisa May Alcott,
Play any or all of the following to get in touch with your playful spirit:
1. Board games like chess, monopoly etc.
2. Outdoor fun like catch, frisbee, tag, hide n’ seek etc.
3. Competitive games such as basketball, soccer, cricket etc.
4. Water Sports like paddling, wake boarding etc.
5. Go hiking, mountain climbing; rock climbing etc.
6. Ice skating, rollerblading etc.
7. Visit an amusement park, waterpark etc.
8. Organize an adventure race with friends
9. Running, biking, swimming and being active with friends
Playing is the essence of life. We should eat to live and live to play. Play is having fun, laughing and being in the moment with your loved ones. Take every opportunity to play as life is too short to undervalue the beauty of PLAY.
In loving memory of Australian cricketer Phillip Hughes who knew how to play.