I love eggs for breakfast in dishes like our Banana Pancakes, Omelette with Malunggay and Eggs Benedictine 3-Ways, but sometimes I feel like something different. How about Primed Sardines in Olive Oil with Oven Roasted Vegetables? I can honestly say this dish was one of the tastiest and most nutrient dense breakfasts I have EVER had. It was WOW!
Can of quality sardines in olive oil (read your food labels carefully as you do not want ingredients like MSG, gluten, acids etc.)
Roasted sweet potato
Salt and pepper
1. Roast your squash, onion and garlic in the oven. Line your tray with coconut oil, add the squash cut into medium sized pieces and sprinkle salt over. Place your whole onion and whole unpeeled garlic on the tray and drizzle olive oil on top of them.
2. Bake the pumpkin, onion and garlic for 1 hour or more at 350 degrees.
3. Steam your medium sized pieces of sweet potato for 15 minutes then oven bake on a tray lined with coconut oil and a sprinkle of salt. Again, at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes.
4. Put your pan on your oven top at a temperature of 7 out of 10. Once your pan is hot add your sardines in their olive oil marinate.
5. Toss all the other ingredients in your pan and add salt and pepper to taste. Just heat briefly for 5 minutes and your done! This dish is easy to prepare if you have pre-roasted vegetables in the fridge left over from the previous night.
1. This dish was a delightful breakfast but would also be great for lunch or dinner.
2. I accompanied my Primed Sardines in Olive Oil with Roasted Vegetables with an Iced Coffee made with water and with Coconut Cream.
3. You could make it even more Primed by serving it on a bed of Spinach.